Monday, June 21, 2010

The Hammam

Bonjour,

So I was going to write up a post on my more recent hammam experiences -- I just went again today with my friend, Marie -- but then I saw that she wrote a very funny description of our trip already on her blog. So, if you want to read a summary that captures just what it's like at a fancy hamman in Morocco, check out http://www.rockthekasbahafrica.blogspot.com/.

In the meantime, here a few photos from our trip today to my favorite hammam spot in Rabat.

The relaxing area. This is where they serve you freshly-squeezed orange juice after you've been cleaned up a bit.



The inside of the hamman, leading to the steamiest room where you start out. There are marble tables like the one depicted on Marie's blog, in each little alcove. I was totally busted for taking this picture (probably the women in the alcoves didn't appreciate it so much).

A very clean me. After some debate, I still think this is a luxury more than an ordeal.

A bientot,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment