Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dancing like a Camel


Bonjour,

So now that I know how to make crepes (and have gotten quite good at eating them), I've decided it must be time for belly dancing lessons.

I went with Marie, who after just three months has gotten quite good, to two lessons this week. Besides Marie and me, everyone else in the class -- and the advanced class before us -- is Moroccan. No, you are not going to get to see any pictures from my first two lessons. Especially since one of my classmates helpfully pointed out that I was dancing like a camel yesterday.

Despite the positive feedback, Marie and I went shopping today in the medina for long, flowing pants and the requisite jangling belt.

I figure if I have long, flowing pants, I'll loosen up a bit and suddenly become much more fluid. At least I'll look more floaty, especially if I ease up on the crepes.


Bob says that since I bought the outfit, I have to post a photo of me in it, dancing.... Or maybe not.

A bientot,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment