Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Stop on the Freak Out Mom Tour

Bonjour,

Upon leaving Essaouira, we headed south and east, up into the nearby mountains, stopping at a hotel near a small town called Imouzzer.

The views of the countryside are beautiful.

Nearby, there is an area with a waterfall and pretty pools (the Cascades), although since it was the dry season, there wasn't too much water.

This is the kind of place Anna, Tommy and Bob love because they can completely freak me out by climbing up high and making me worry about them falling.

My family calls places like this stops on the "Freak Out Mom Tour."

They
think it is funny.


I
am less amused.


While we are on the subject, there was another thing that freaked me out: The road leading up to this place -- mostly a single lane road (with two-way traffic) that had lots of hairpin turns, a steep drop-off, and usually, no guard rail.

When I saw this sign, I knew the next turn was going to be a bad one.

But we made it safely down the scary/scenic road and headed back out to the sea....

A bientot,

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an adventure! I'm catching up on my favorite Morocco blogs. Looks like you all have had some incredible travel experiences. Makes me nostalgic! Hope you've had a chance to reconnect with Loubna. I know she really enjoyed your language swap days. Say hi to Bob, Anna and Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! I hope you guys are all well and adjusted to life back in the States.

    Yes, Loubna and I have reconnected -- she's even coming over today.

    We are having a great, great year.

    ReplyDelete