Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fes Encore

Bonjour!

Just received another cool photo of our desert trek (camels!) from Amy. This really gives you a sense of what it looked like. It was amazing.

We just had a great time hanging out with Ellie, Eric and baby Inez, who stayed with us for a week. With E, E and I, we made our way back to Fes for the weekend, and it was just as magical as ever. This time, I did more shopping -- and can I just say that I love shopping! Well, to be more precise, I love buying! Particularly in exotic places that have totally distinctive objets d'art that are pas tres cher (at least by Western standards). Let's just say, my Christmas shopping has begun. (Some of you should be quite pleased).

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take my vegetarian Moroccan cooking class as planned. La prochaine fois! (Next time).

All's well here. I've started a new French class (much better. I'll have to write a post just about the old one). Anna begins working with my French tutor today (once a week to capitalize on her improvements at school). Tommy is working with Bob on his French. And Bob, well, Bob is doing the usual Bob things -- working on papers, studying Arabic, completing some sort of committee report for CU.

On the pet front, you'll be happy to hear that Hercules and Persephone continue to mate on a very regular basis. It's quite something to see. No eggs yet, at least that we can find. And no kittens yet for Fluffy, although she is certainly looking quite fluffy around the middle. But we have discovered a tiny gekko living in our kitchen, now named "Ellie", which brings our "pet" total to 8, pending some imminent(?) births.

I'll work on getting Anna to post her update. She's way overdue for that.

A bientot,

Kim

2 comments:

  1. so flattered to have a gecko named after me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on this photo, when you reach Swakopmund, you'll feel right at home: huge red dunes, camels etc.

    ReplyDelete