Saturday, May 8, 2010

We're Baaaaack!

Bonjour!

We just returned to Rabat very late last night, and we're reconnected. It's great to be back in Morocco!

Sorry to go incommunicado on you, but except for our last two days in Luxor, we had very little internet access while in Venice and Egypt. I was largely limited to checking emails and corresponding using my wireless access on my Kindle. (Can I just say again how much we LOVE our Kindles? Best gifts ever. As Bob put it yesterday, what would this sabbatical have been like without our Kindles?)

We'll do a special posts on our adventures both Venice and Egypt. But first we'll give you a few images from Earth Day in Rabat -- two weeks ago today. Rabat was a major site for Earth Day activities.


At the time, I felt somewhat underwhelmed by the environmental efforts here. But now, after visiting Egypt, I can see how much progress Morocco has made by comparison,

Don't Anna and Tommy look ready to hit the concert scene?A bientot,

Kim

P.S. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there, including two new ones -- my sister, Karla (Grace was born on May 1) and my good friend, Connie (Birch was born on April 29). Congratulations, Karla, Gary, Connie and Brian!

And happy belated birthday to all the May 6 birthday boys, Dad, Hunter and Uncle Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment